Friday, June 10, 2011

Essay Contest and i need to know if this is considered plagiarism !?


our paper is about Paul Revere and i don't know if this is plagiarism ( you have to act like your paul revere and share his/your memories) Example.(actual text) Paul Revere was born on January 1, 1735, in Boston, Massachusetts. He was the son of Apollos De Revoire, a French Huguenot (member of the Protestant faith) who had come to Boston at the age of thirteen to apprentice (a person who works for another to learn a trade) in the shop of a silversmith. Once Revoire had established his own business, he changed his name to the English spelling Revere. Paul Revere was the third of twelve children and the oldest of his father's sons to survive into adulthood. As a young man, he studied at the North Writing School in Boston. As a teenager, he learned the art of gold and silversmithing from his father. With help from his mother, he began running the Revere family silver shop at age nineteen, after his father died. On August 17, 1757, he married Sarah Orne and eventually fathered eight children. example. (what i wrote) Hello this is Paul Revere. I was born on January , 1 , 1735 in Boston , Massachusetts. And here is my story. I am the son of Apollos De Revoire my father is a French Huguenot . And my mother is Deborah Hitchbourn Revere . I am the third child out of twelve. It was hard. As I got older and became a young man I studied at the North Writing School.But while I aged into a teenager I learned the art of gold and silversmithing from my father. At the age of nineteen my mother helped me run the shop my father left behind when he died in 1754. On August 17, 1757, I married Sarah Orne and soon enough fathered eight children .
Homework Help - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
since they want yo to 'be' paul revere, I wouldn't worry about plagiarism at all.
2 :
Most commonly, plagiarism means lifting actual text from another source and not giving proper credit. You have not done that here. However, plagiarism also includes use of others' IDEAS and BELIEFS which are not commonly known and widely shared, and that is so even if actual text is not lifted. Use of commonly-known facts such as you have included is not plagiarism. I think you can relax about the issue of plagiarism!