Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Is Massachusetts college of arts hard to get into?


I go to an art magnet school but my grades are average. I'm starting my Sophomore year at high school so I still have time to improve my GPA. I want to go to Massachusetts college of arts but is it a hard school to get into? Can you suggest any other art colleges around Boston?
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, it's hard to get into. It's rather selective, even though it's a public institution, but it's good. It offers a wider variety of art programmes than most schools and is very well-reputed. If you can't get in, or if you'd just like to continue shopping around, check out the Art Institute of Boston and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, or the art programmes at Boston University, Northeastern University, and Tufts University. The Museum School actually offers their degrees via Tufts and NEU, and AIB is part of Lesley University. I'd steer clear of the New England Institute of Art because it's a for-profit school in the Art Institutes chain, but maybe I'm just biased.