Sunday, May 8, 2011

Could my school "punish" me for this...?


I really don't want to go into the specifics of my story in case my school were to stumble upon this question...but I can give you some background. I attend a public high school just outside of boston massachusetts where I will be a senior in the fall (and will also be turning 18 by the start of school in september). Let's just say that if one were to look back on my postings on here, they could easily see that I have always felt like I was very different from the people I go to school with (And persecuted because of it). I have recently started up various web blogs and such which convey my distaste for the way my school advocates GSA clubs and "Obama's mass infanticide". I am now carefully considering the idea of starting up a youtube channel to make videos about these profound societal injustices. What I am asking you to do is cast aside my social and religious views in your judgement and tell me if you know of any way that my school could punish (or try to punish) me for any "controversial" blogs or video sermons that i might create off of school property. I only told you what they might be about so that you'd know how determined the school would be to stop me. (Also: I am a legally ordained independent Baptist minister...if that makes any legal difference to my chances of retribution from the school).
Polls & Surveys - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
may b..!
2 :
if they do there gay
3 :
Freedom of speech
4 :
It depends on their regulations. I wouldn't.
5 :
No they can't do anything to you outside of school, it's called 'free speech'
6 :
Real simple. Usage of school property implies that the school has the right to review your creations. That does not mean that you are in trouble; it just means the school will probably give you quite a bit of grief over your work.
7 :
1. I disagree with your beliefs, sorry but I had to make that clear for my own sake 2. they shouldn't be able to punish you for spreading/ publishing/ w/e the right word is your beliefs. If they do you have constitutional protection- freedom of speech, plus it's off campus so they shouldn't be able to do anything about it 3. You will probably be talked to by someone from your school, possibly the head of school or counselor but I don't think they can actually punish you
8 :
WTF!? you should be hanging out with your friends and having fun instead of doing youtube videos of why you hate your school. Even if you make your videos how the hell are the people who see them going to make your school stop doing what you want them to stop doing. You shouldnt even care your just a kid.