Saturday, July 30, 2011

College of William and Mary versus Boston College?


I recently received all of my college letters, and have narrowed down my choices down to College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia and Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. I live about 1/2 hour south of Boston in a suburb. I go to a moderate sized public school and am graduating 3rd in my class. I am interested in studying history (especially American) and political science. My top school was Georgetown, but I was waitlisted. I am remaining on the waitlist, and will probably attend if accepted. I want some opinions from people who have had experiences with either of the schools. I love them both and am visiting the accepted students days, so I am having a hard time deciding. Just as a side note, my best friend will definitely be attending BC. Any input would be appreciated. (And I know that the choice is mine, and I plan on making that choice, but I would just enjoy some advice.)
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
W&M. First, it's a fantastic school. Second, getting out of boston for a few years will be a good experience. If you're that interested in American history, chances are that you've exhausted the historical sites in Boston and what better place to experience the founding of the US than at the school where Washington and Jefferson both went? It's just over 2 hrs from DC so you can go there whenever you want