Sunday, July 24, 2011

How to survive in the US as a student?


okay, this has to be my 3rd or 4th question about studying in the United States. To be precise, the only sure schools we can afford are 2-year community colleges. That leaves Universities out. Being an Alien student and having no relatives in a certain city or state, how do I survive? I mean, where will i get and how much should be my pocket money? That and many aspects in studying in US as an alien. I need info. Oh yeah... I want Boston, Massachusetts.
Higher Education (University +) - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Get a job. Check any places that are hiring and ask your school if there are any positions available there.
2 :
Boston is very expensive, I'm afraid. You'll need $800-$1200 a month for rent/utilities ($650-$800 if you're really lucky and find a place to share with some people), $30-$60 a month for public transportation, $100-$200 a month for food, and then I'd recommend $100-$200 a month for incidentals (entertainment, etc.). It's the rent that's the worst -- if you're thrifty, you can save on the rest. To find a place, use Craigslist, but be careful. It's hard coming from another country, but don't let yourself be swindled. If your college has a program to match stu