Saturday, July 2, 2011

So I've been suspended from school...?


I wrote something on our school page on Wikipedia and I got suspended. I was supposed to get expelled but I got a suspension because I'm one of the "good kids" and I've been working my a** off this year to maintain my grades (As and Bs). Now, when time comes to apply for college, my principal said that she would personally talk to the colleges that I would apply for and explain my suspension. As in, when I get my application form I do not fill out the disciplinary action part but that my principal would call up the school to tell them personally that I'm not a bad kid and that this suspension was the one time I got in any major trouble. So I was wondering, how badly would this affect my future in college? As in, will I still be able to get in to such universities like Boston College or Boston University (I live in Massachusetts)?? I wrote on Wikipedia that a teacher (who I happen to hate very much) raped a student (who's one of my best friends). I was just joking around, when my friend found out that it was me and I got in trouble, he just laughed it off and we're cool. He knew I was just kidding around and he likes stupid sh*t, I mean who doesn't?? haha Oh, and it's a 5-day suspension out of school, if that gives any help for an answer.
Higher Education (University +) - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I got suspended once in school, (for skipping), and I still got accepted to every school I applied to. I went to Michigan State University. never had anything as small as a simple suspension get in the way. As a teacher, i can assure you that a suspension is not that big of a deal.
2 :
If your principal takes the time to call the colleges and explain that you are a good kid it'll most likely show the colleges that you are worth admitting . it shows that the faculty believe it was a one time mistake and that it wont happen again. what did you write?
3 :
i got kicked out of school back in '79 for dropping the vice-principal,prick deserved it.i still stand by my actions
4 :
From your home you get online degree from http://directdegree.info/ it's best website. you can join this college. All degree are avilable here.
5 :
should be fine. i got suspended twice once for truancy and once for fighting and I got into every school i applied. I went to Washington State. they dont even have a disciplinary section on their application, atleast they didnt.
6 :
Live with your actions
7 :
Its not a deal breaker. It will show a lot if the principal calls. I wouldnt imagine that principals call colleges to explain a students suspension. My guess is that the colleges will assume that you are in fact a good person. Learn from your actions though. What did you write that would get you in so much trouble? *rhetorical question