Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cannot stop thinking about this girl I hardly know?


Right now I am 20 years old and in my 3rd semester of college. During high school I was painfully shy and really didn't talk all that much. I had never been with a girl before either. In my senior year of High School, there was this girl in my marketing class. She was very gorgeous and had beautiful eyes. She was so cheerful and naturally outgoing, not to mention popular. I honestly didn't say more then 2 words to her throughout the entire year. I didn't realize i liked her so much until after I graduated. Over the next 20 months or so while I was in college, I thought about her everyday. She motivates me when I am sad and just thinking about her makes me happier. She goes to school in Boston, Massachusetts while I am in New York. I torture myself just by thinking about her because I know that I could never be with her. I don't think about her sexually, all I think about is holding her or talking with her. My biggest regret is not trying to get to know her in High School. She probably hasn't given a single thought to me at all. I try very hard to convince myself that it could never happen and that there are plenty of other fish in the sea. Yet, it has been almost 2 years and I still can't stop thinking about her. I need help. I'm trying very hard just to forget about her. I can't imagine happiness without her though. I would give anything for her. I just want the pain to stop. Any Ideas?
Singles & Dating - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
why need to thinking of her if it hurt it that much...
2 :
dw
3 :
You better go see a doctor about that pain...
4 :
I'm kind of in your position. Kind of, meaning by me never having a relationship before, but not obsessing over one girl. Talk to other women, you'll realize how insignificant that girl is.
5 :
You have two choices here. 1)Move on! The best thing to do is hang out with people and try to get out of your shy zone as much as you can. Opening up and meeting new people can show you that there are other girls like her out in the world that can make you feel that happy and motivated. Try going to a small party or a friends house when they have a few other friends over and start to open up. You'll be glad you did, its college, time to explore. 2) Find her number, talk to her, and see what happens. If nothing, well at least you tried, and if something well then good for you. :) But nothings going to get fixed if you don't do anything to fix it yourself.
6 :
I would try to find a girl that goes to your college, so that you can build a relationship with someone that you will see on a regular basis. And you will have a real relationship.
7 :
You were attracted to her for a reason, she was the cute popular girl that looked like a lot of fun. Now its your turn! You're in college, go out have fun, find the courage to make yourself the life of the party. Then when you are the life of the party...all the girls will be chasing after you. Go find some guys/girls on your floor an tell them you're looking to have some fun.
8 :
I would try and get a hold of her, and get to know her. If you care about her like you say you do, show it to her. Not in a creepy way or anything, but just get to know her casually and then eventually tell her how you feel. You may only be able to contact her by email or facebook or something, but thats how a lot of relationships start. Don't convince yourself that it could never happen, because anything is possible if you put your mind and soul into it. If she doesn't like you, and things don't work out with talking to her, then I would say you should move on.. and yes, there are plenty of other fish in the sea. Don't give up hope, though.
9 :
Having a imaginary relationship is a lot easier than having a real one.. you control everything...but having real relationships helps you from going crazy. : > You are young, you need to date....have a friend help set you up, or go out on some group dates. If you happen to back in your home town, look the girl up and talk with her. Shy guy and popular girl....they get together in your dreams...and some movies....but find someone now to talk to, laugh, and spend time with....otherwise...you might end up the strange guy people talk about...good luck.
10 :
Fantasies are like safe places for the extremely introverted; where we can "talk" to the people we "love" without the risk of being rejected or feeling embarrassement or difficulties expressing our emotions (and finding out what the other person is feeling). You're living with a fantasy that has become somewhat of a crutch. The only way to get rid of the pain is to contact her and try to establish a relationship (you may find that this is extremely difficult if you have no common interests and she is dating someone else). Reallity will replace your fantasy and you'll either find out that she's not that interesting, or you may be able to arrange a meeting. In the meantime, find someone else with common interests and try to get to know them. (Dating websites come to mind.) It takes time, so have patience. If you have an optomistic, caring attitude, you'll find a woman who wants an intellilgent man. Don't be too rigid in your requirements for the "perfect girl" either. Do, however, do something to get yourself out there and dating again. If you don't nip this thing in the bud, it's going to become an obsession and you may end up doing harm to the object of your fantasy or yourself