Saturday, June 4, 2011

If I wore this to school what would people think?


I am looking for a little bit of insight on an idea that I've been thinking about. I am going to one of the most liberal high schools in one of the most liberal towns near "The most of liberal" boston massachusetts. I am the one in five hundred out here who feels as if this country is heading in the wrong direction socially, economically, and in almost every other way under B. Hussein Obama. I bought a number of political buttons a while back online: examples of what they say are "Pray for America while it is still legal", "My savior is a carpenter, not a president", "GILF For PILF 2012" and so on. I was wondering how much that sort of thing would touch you. I want to wear them to piss people off, but at the same time, I don't really want to rub someone the wrong way and get punched in the mouth.
Other - Education - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would just roll my eyes and dismiss you as an idiot if I saw you wearing one of those shirts. You might get asked by a teacher to change, though, depending on your school. Shirts with controversial/offensive slogans weren't allowed at my high school. The GILF one definitely wouldn't have been allowed where I went to school.
2 :
While I agree with you somewhat politically, you are making me feel old. I have argued against school uniforms for several years with my friends who are teachers. Their reasoning is that it would prevent poor kids from being made fun of for their clothes. I countered the kids know who is poor and who isn't, and they won't be able to control other indicators of wealth. You make me realize that we don't need more distractions in schools. We are lagging behind the rest of the developed world because we have entitled kids wanting to show off their right to speech, no matter how unenlightened. Let's get politics out of schools altogether. I don't want teachers indoctrinating students into liberal thinking, nor do I want "GILF for PILF" on teenagers' bodies. I especially want the youth of America to pull up its pants. I DO NOT want to see any more 13 year old boys' underwear. For the love of all that's holy, buy pants that fit!!!!!!