Monday, August 8, 2011

University of Massachusetts or Northeastern University?


Here are the two universities that offer me admission and I couldn't decide where to go 1. Northeastern University, Boston Tuition: about 51,000 Co- op Program 2. University of Massachusetts Tuition: 30,000 Both of these schools accept me as a architecture major student I really like Northeastern University but the only problem is the tuition of the school is pretty expensive Do you think this is a school that worthy enough for me to apply student loan so I can study in there? And is the Co-op program really helpful for every students? How about University of Massachusetts? Is it a good school over all? Please advice me because I really need it Thank you sorry, for UMass I mean UMass-Amherst And UMass Accept me as an Landscape Architecture student, how was that subject? Is that related to "Architecture" ?
Boston - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I went to school on a coop program, so I admit to being prejudiced. That disclaimer aside - I would choose the Northeastern coop program. Here's why. Coop programs don't make a lot of sense in fields that are fundamentally abstract - english, history, philosophy, etc. But in fields that are application oriented, a coop program complements the classroom by giving you practical experience (educators like to call that a 'practicum' because it sounds more sophisticated). Actually having a coop job in an area related to architecture (as a drafter with an architect, in construction, etc) you will get a far better picture of what it is like to be an architect. As a result, you will either confirm that your desire to study architecture was appropriate and that's the career you are seeking, or else you will conclude that architecture is not for you and you will become a business major. And having had a real job in a related field, you will be far more valuable to your first employer than if you simply sit in a classroom for four years - and that means that the task of finding a job will be much easier. The University of Massachusetts is a great school. I presume you are considering Amhearst. The difference between Boston and Amhearst is another consideration - Amhearst is a nice little town, with emphasis on little. Boston is Boston - far more exciting place to be as a student.
2 :
Northeastern the Co-op program is worth the extra money.
3 :
UMass is the best bet for your money. The UMass Dartmouth campus is near the ocean and really lovely! UMass is rated very highly among state schools