Thursday, August 4, 2011

Which of these colleges is best for Astrophysics/ Physics and Astronomy?


I just need a little more advice on which college I should attend. Right now my top three picks (not in an order) are: Boston University University of Arizona Case Western I also got accepted to: University of Wisconsin Madison University of Massachusetts Amherst I wanted to major in Astrophysics/ Physics and Astronomy or something similar. I also plan to attend graduate school. Which college has the best Astrophysics/ Physics and Astronomy program? And any other suggestions or comments? Thanks!
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Ya, everybody wants to be an astronaut! LOL You'll be selling real estate when your 30!
2 :
If you do plan to go to grad school in astronomy or astrophysics, major in physics in college. Math, astronomy, and computer science are also useful, but physics is essential. U of A, Wisconsin, and Amherst have the best programs of the schools you mentioned - go to one of those. Personally, I'd go with U of A, they have a top-10 astro grad program, so it shouldn't be too hard to get into another top school for grad school from there. Spend your summers doing research projects either at U of A or through REU programs