Friday, August 26, 2011

What colleges should I look into?


This September I will be a junior in high school and I still don't know what college I want to go to. I love performing. I'm a dancer of 14 years and I don't intend to stop anytime soon. Although I don't act, I am taking a chorus class this year. I love being on stage. In school, I get decent grades; A's and B's. My favorite class is history. I live in Boston, Massachusetts. In November, I will be taking a tour of Juilliard in New York. Can anyone suggest a few good colleges I could look into around my area considering the things I have mentioned? Thank you!
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can try NYU. It's great school, and one of my friends who's a phenominal actor and singer just got accepted there. In fact, any school in NYC will be great. You'll have opportunities to intern or find jobs that involve acting and performing, and you won't need to search very far for a job after you graduate (Broadway?).
2 :
Julliard is, as I'm sure you know, the best music school in the country. You should also definitely look into NYU (Tisch), which is very prestigious. Other schools with good dance/acting programs: North Carolina School of the Arts, Boston Conservatory, and the University of the Arts in Philadelphia