Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Do nice people still exist? I live in Massachusetts about 1 hour from Boston? Where do the nice people live?


I would like to move my kids and I to a nice place. Where people are kind. My kids "friends" are horrible. One hit my daughter in the head - another kids Mom called all of their friends and trash talked my daughter because they had a minor disagreement - my daughter did nothing wrong. The kids are mean - the parents are hostile and nasty. Please help me school ends soon and I'd like to move over the summer. Any nice people in New Hampshire or Maine? or anywhere in the USA we need a fresh start.
Family - 19 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
iowa. all the nice kids live in iowa. trust me.
2 :
idk
3 :
Nice people live in Texas. or Michigan. thats trivial though it is all opinion.
4 :
Ha! Boston is a terrible place for nice people. Move north into NH or VT or go to the Midwest. Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota are nice places. Boston people are flat out mean.
5 :
i dont know
6 :
Unforutnately i think you'll find this everywhere. If you are religious, i suggest a catholic or lutheran private school. My parents werent 100% religious, but they put me through 9 years of private school. The teachers are able to be more strict and have more say over the content that is teached than in public schools. And as such, i think you get a better mix of mature families. Of course this wont be 100% of the case and im sure there are pleasant public schools as well, but this is based on my experience as a child and the difference i saw going from 6th grade private to 7th grade public school.
7 :
We're all in Europe, I'm afraid. Well, not eastern europe but, ya know....
8 :
Charleston, South Carolina! CNN labeled it as being the most friendliest city in America. I find the people extraordinary in SC, NC, GA, TN Nothing beats that true southern hospitality.
9 :
R good friend Ashlei is partly right but most nice people live in N.W. Indiana,lov ya
10 :
Unfortunately you would have to move to Australia! We are a happy bunch!
11 :
My friend from Massachusetts moved here to Ohio a while back. While he was here, he frequently commented on how much nicer people are here. Then he suddenly moved back to Boston one day. Those damn Red Sox and Patriots have quite a grip on you guys.
12 :
what do you expect your surrounded by MAssholes :)
13 :
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
14 :
Port Angeles, Washington State. Port Royal, S. Carolina. Any city in Wyoming. Suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia. Allentown, Pa. All these places have good educational systems, good city serivces, low crime rates, livable housing, livable taxes, clean environments, beautiful scenery,and the friendliest people in the world. The list is endless. Good Luck.
15 :
Might I suggest, Bozeman, Montana? It is a wonderfully beautiful place, with the NICEST PEOPLE I have ever met. The air is clean, the cost of living is cheap, and there are 5 men for every 1 women! I used to live in California, but I never had friends who were girls, we just never got alone. Now I have so many friends that are girls, because the people out here are so nice. My friends are like family, you need help and they are there for you... plus they ask for nothing in return. Oh and the MEN, they are REAL men! They take care of business, they protect, AND they can bring home the beacon. My friend Kyle is from New Hampshire and he LOVES it here. Everyone I know who moves here, never leaves. I was going to leave, but decided that Bozeman, Montana has everything I'm looking for. I have a great job, we have three ski resorts with in an hour of us, and rent is cheap. I pay $650 for a HUGE two bedroom one bath apartment with a garage. Plus, the rents out here are coming down fast and you can get a 1 or 2 bedroom for between $450 and $550 NOW!
16 :
Move to the South Thats were you can find nice people. We have Mean people down here but thats because there Yankees.
17 :
Ya'll can move to Georgia.....we still have good values and respect for one another here. And no, we aren't just a bunch of uneducated hicks. If you want nice, it's the only place to be! And the weather is unbeatable. Move anywhere in the south really, we're all pretty nice down here! Good luck!
18 :
NH isn't bad, but there are alot of Masshole types moving there. I've lived in Maine too, but didn't like the people there at all. North Dakota probably has the nicest people I've met, but it's boring as hell there and wicked cold year round.
19 :
Yeah kids are mean. Dont go to Maine or NH thought because the people arent nicer just dumber and more risk of your children getting pregnant at a young age in those states. There are nice towns in Mass but you have to look. Travel more western mass, further from boston and the people get nicer.