Thursday, April 28, 2011

What are my chances of getting into Boston College?


I got a 1990 on my SAT, which will probably improve considering I'm only going into my Junior year. I have started an investment club at my school and play two sports, basketball and cross country. By the time I graduate, I will have about 110 hours of community service because I will have gone down to West Virginia to build houses for a week two times. My GPA, on a 4 point scale, is about 3.65 at one of the top public schools in Massachusetts (top 3 to be precise).
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You are right on the border of what they accept. They typically require 3.7 or higher. Suggest also applying to Holy Cross in Worcester as a safety. HC which is about 30 miles west of BC. It is also run by the Jesuits and it is 1/3 the size of BC at 2800 students. Its academics are as respected or possibly even higher than BC's but doesn't have the name recognition due to not having the big name football team and having Boston in its name. HC is the top rated Catholic liberals arts college in the country per US News and World Report.
2 :
The Jesuits like to see the community service so I think you stand a great chance. The advice to also apply to fellow nearby Jesuit school College of the Holy Cross is good advice as well. Both are very similar with Holy Cross being a much smaller coummunity and smaller class sizes.