Monday, February 28, 2011

College transfer experience? (Massachusetts school of pharmacy)?


After shadowing my uncle who is a licensed pharmacist I absolutely fell in love with the profession and as a result I want to pursue a career as a pharmacist. I'm hoping to apply for Massachusetts School of Pharmacy (boston) as a transfer student (Pharm MD program) and I was wondering if anyone had any previous experiences with transferring into this particular program. Currently, I have a bachelors in biology with a minor in mathematics (3.87 cumulative GPA). I done some of my own research about the school and it seems like I need to take the PCAT, but other than i'm clueless lol. Do I have a shot at getting in? If anyone has any experience with transferring into this particular program could you please share? Thank you in advance. *Any help is appreciated
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
First, you need to make sure you have fulfilled all of the Pre-Pharm requirements. Take and score well on the PCAT. Good Luck
2 :
Schools all require pre pharm requirements and although you probably have the necessary pre reqs, I would verify. Our School lists them on our website http://www.sjc.edu/academics/schools/school-of-pharmacy/. Most schools should be the same. So to the FAQ section to see the requirements. Some schools specialize in BS students. Our School in Hartford requires a BS. It is also a 3 year (not 4 year) accelerated program so that saves a whole year of tuition. I am the Director of Experiential Education but you can contact the Admission Director from the website. Applications are through Pharmcas.org so go there. I think most schools use that. Feel free to contact me directly jparisi@sjc.edu Good luck. We need passionate members of our profession.