Monday, July 18, 2011

Should I apply to UMass Boston if I already got in at GSU?


I never wanted to live in Georgia...but my family is here, and I couldn't afford a place on my own right now anyway. I got into Georgia State, pending my grades stay the way they are at the end of 12th grade. Should I waste another $60 applying to the University of Massachusetts? Do I have a good chance of getting in there if I was already accepted at GSU? Apparently, GSU is a tier 2 school. Is UMass Boston higher than that? I just want to study Criminal justice and creative writing (maybe).
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
U Mass Boston is a commuter school and would not be a good place for an out of state student, especially on account of the tuition costs. U Mass Boston is not a great school. U Mass Amherst is the best U Mass campus. There is no need to leave the state to study criminal justice. Creative writing leads to virtually no career opportunities.
2 :
Well, yea but it all depends on those other things you may not have yet considered. You know what I mean and the point I'm driving at. Take a look at and review those other things to be sure you've covered everything and let us know how you decided.